EIB, a pioneer in bilingual education, established its bilingual programmes in response to the growing need for education to reflect the future internationalization of our communities – a need that continues to exist in an ever-changing and globalized world.
EIB – The Victor Hugo School teaches a 75% English curriculum that was created in 1983.
The school stands out from the other English-speaking schools in Paris for two reasons:
As part of the EIB family of schools, students and parents at The Victor Hugo School join an international population with well-established links to the local French community;
To help their integration into French culture and life, daily French language lessons are compulsory for all students from Nursery to the end of High School.
In addition, students have their sports and art classes in French from Primary School. This means that for 25% of their time at school students are immersed in the French language.
Our teachers come from over 15 different countries worldwide and over 60% of them have more than ten years of teaching experience.
Our teachers hold at least a bachelor’s degree while many hold a Master’s or PhD.
Our teachers are proud to provide the best teaching methods and learning experience for students.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM
Our Intensive English (IE) Learning Program is an additional school service provided to help your child succeed in school. IE teachers work with your child to help him or her develop English language skills, cultural awareness and learning strategies to be successful in our school.
More information on the Intensive English (IE) Learning program:
Success in Language Learning
The success of our students is due in part to a robust, three-point educational approach to language learning.
1. Start learning a language as early as possible using the following:
- Qualified native-speaker teachers;
- Small class sizes to increase learning opportunities;
- Grouping students of similar skill level within the class.
2. Provide the students with a multilingual, international environment:
- As a partner of UNESCO, we actively promote EIB’s multicultural, plurilingual environment among our staff and student body.
3. Place the learner at the centre of the learning.
- Teaching and learning at EIB are tailored to meet the needs of the child. Extra support is offered to non-native speakers in both English and French.
Accredited by the University of Cambridge, Edexcel, College Board and IBO, this English-speaking curriculum prepares students to take the Cambridge International IGCSE examinations in Grade 10, followed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) and High School Diploma in Grades 11 and 12.
In addition to these certifications, students can, if they wish, sit the Advanced Placement examinations, A Levels, PSAT or SATs at our school. Thanks to this very comprehensive offer, our students have the opportunity to join the best international universities and higher education institutions of their choice (USA, UK, Asia, Europe, amongst others).